This was a very interesting story
that has shown such great facts that are still, sadly, relevant today. Even
over 200 years ago, people were still doing the same thing. What is that ‘thing’
you may ask… slacking. For so many years, people just won't do their work. I understand that some people do their work honestly and thoroughly, but in the reality, everyone, at least once, didn't do something for someone just because they didn't care. In this story, the aspect of socialism is shown as well. So many countries just 'provide' things to their people, collapse, and turn into this wasteland with so much poverty... so much. A Message to Garcia said "If men will not act for themselves, what will they do
when the benefit of their effort is for all?" What I really interpret this to, in modern day, is that if all of these people, these Social Justice Workers, or SJWs, keep manipulating the world, our 'America' will soon progress to socialism. People need to work, not ask the government for the things they'd get if they actually got off the couch and just worked. Simple. As. That. If everyone could just do that, it would boost our economy and also bring us all together. In A Message to Garcia, it explains a lot, but most importantly, it explains that we need to have trust. If you think that someone isn't going to do something, and they don't... even though they asked you, what's going to happen? You loose your friendships and your trust. This is what I interpret this story to be, the true reality that if we just came together and just worked hard, all got along, and didn't expect people to just give us things, we would all be in unison. I think the author said the same exact thing. The true question is, will this problem ever be fixed? Yes. If we all just took one step forward, ignored all of the pro-socialist views today, we as Americans can overcome the main reason why there is poverty, and just honestly and pure-heartedly do something for someone. America needs its trust back, and it starts with us.
Action Plan
In my John Carroll freshman year I will
- Strive to focus more on school. It may sound cliche, but it's true, I need to focus more on school than just doing nothing.
- Respect everyone
- Do all of my given assignments and not slack on them
- Get great grades
- Do what I like to do and be myself, not what the population wants me to be